Sunday, July 18, 2010

Enough Already!

Today's New York State Of Mind Is: Enough Already!


Although I was born a summer baby, I am done done done with this heat. Enough Already!
Summer in the asphalt jungle is never fun. Unless you are an Apple.



Last summer was great - no 90 degree days until the end of August. You could actually go out and do stuff without the risk of heat stroke just trying to do basic things. Of course all the heat loving cry-babies were all WAH WAH it's too cold to go to the beach, WAH WAH it's not hot enough to tan myself into a nice case of melanoma. I say Too F@@@ing Bad!!!  I'd rather be able to breathe. You want to fry yourself like bacon, move to the Equator and get crispy instead of pushing your collective will on the rest of us who would like to enjoy the outdoors without passing out. Enough Already!

Life is supposed to be enjoyed not endured.

For those of you who need a break as well, mediating on the picture below just might provide a little bit of comfort.



Yes folks, nice, cool, SNOW!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. "As a lifelong New Yorker, I have sought to cultivate a sense of eloquence which I can only sum up as "Telling It Like It Is"."

    Really? That's what you went with? What a load of crap.

    "Summer in the asphalt jungle." That one will get the hit count up.

    Great blog, I will read this next time I have insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Enough already yet! Today I think the temperature is 110F! Un-bloody-believable.

    Just poured a G&T - my first since I left Australia 100 years ago!

    ReplyDelete